This is an extremely rewarding course for anyone looking to increase knowledge and awareness of the issues facing those living with dementia. Recognizing the early signs and contributing factors is crucial in identifying an individual's unique care need and providing the appropriate level of care.
This is an excellent and challenging training course for all care staff.
- Definitions of Dementia and misconceptions
- Types of dementia
- Risk assessment and signs of agitation
- Person centred approach and working positively
- Conflict resolution and anger management
- Managing challenging behaviours
- Attitudes and approaches of care workers
- Safeguarding others and the environment
- Causes and contributing factors
- Calm and the impact of calm approaches
NO. OF CANDIDATES: 18
DURATION: 1/2 Day (3hrs)
PRICE PER CANDIDATE (excludes VAT): £45.00